[Tfug] Equipment rack options

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 01:47:25 MST 2012

Hi,

I need a pair of short (~24-30RU) 19" racks for some
test equipment (power supplies, logic analyzer, etc.).
They'll be located (bolted!) side by side and will
probably want to be "reskinned" with something more
appealing than sheet metal (e.g., a thin, wood veneer).
The top will also be a finished worksurface (hence
the reduced height).

So, open frame seems the logical choice (though I am
undecided as to how the back will be treated).

Any local sources?  Or, given that I'll be reskinning
it, perhaps an alternate construction technique (build
a wooden enclosure and attach equipment mounts to it?)

Thx,
--don