[Tfug] Shameless parts begging: anybody got a decent original PCI video card?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 11:17:53 MST 2012

On 11/20/2012 10:54 PM, Jim March wrote:
> I need a better video card for a P4 rig with plain original PCI slots.  No
> AGP :(.  Anybody?
>
> Needs to be able to drive 1920x1080 so...fairly modern?  Long shot, I
> know.  Sigh.

They are becoming scarce as PCIe, etc. move in to take their
place.  I've had a helluva time finding dual-head PCI cards
for my workstations (which either have no PCI/PCIe slots or
just a single AGP).

If you're just running Linux, better bet would be to move to
a newer machine (at the very least, assure yourself that the
MoBo in *that* machine won't need to be recap'ed next year,
etc. -- unless you plan on doing it!  :> ).