[Tfug] Fwd: Open Government Initiative

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:44:40 MST 2012

 I'd like to add as well that Scottsdale was publishing some of their land
data online for a time, and the web site actually required ActiveX
controls.  Perhaps Tfug or PLUG can get involved to make sure that whatever
the taxpayers fund is platform-independent and accessible.

 Personally I'd like to see more State-level data being published online.
 AZ does publish the legislative data, there was also an program to provide
wifi in the State Legislature.  I'm also interested in promoting Free Media
values in this state.  We need protections for independent media groups to
operate here as the political issues are stamping out alternative opinions.
 They are trying to make it illegal to say anything 'offensive' on the net
in Arizona.  Also trying to ban terms like 'illegal alien'.  These are
DIRECT VIOLATIONS of our constitutional rights and we must oppose them.

http://www.thelantern.com/a-e/commentary-arizona-law-that-would-ban-trolling-violates-bill-of-rights-1.2850145#.T6heN_9rltI

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/05/03/moveons-quest-to-outlaw-the-term-illegal-immigrant/

 -jmz

--