[Tfug] Got a good one here: Paul's printer paradox

JD Rogers rogersjd at gmail.com
Sun May 6 16:15:14 MST 2012

I second Ian's suggestion. I had to do something similar for accessing
a usb license dongle from within qemu.

There are howto's out there, but I created a group called "usbusers",
added the user to the group, created a file:
/etc/udev/rules.d/60-zemaxkey.rules
SUBSYSTEM!="usb_device", ACTION!="add", GOTO="key_rules_end"
# Zemax Key
SYSFS{idVendor}=="04b9", SYSFS{idProduct}=="8000", GROUP="usbusers", MODE="0660"
LABEL="key_rules_end"

Obviously, you need to change the idVendor and product number to match
the printer or scanner. I forget if there are any other steps, but
that along with some googling ought to get you there.