[Tfug] Affordable hosting suggestions

Claude Rubinson cjr at grundrisse.org
Fri May 4 10:54:06 MST 2012

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 04:07:38AM -0700, John Gruenenfelder wrote:
> Personally, I'm looking for something fairly inexpensive.  I want to
> move my small "home" page off my UA machine onto something that I'm
> paying for.  A virtual private server would be nice simply because it
> would give me mostly full control to configure it how I like.  The
> bandwidth needed for the hosting will be very small.  Also, the
> ability to do SSL (https) connections would be nice to have, but I
> know that the implementation of SSL has some unfortunate requirements
> on separate IP addresses so that may not be possible without paying a
> lot more.

Check out CSoft.net.  I've been with them for years and have nothing
but good things to say about them.  Support is top notch; I've never
waited more than a few hours to hear back from them.  They have a
range of solutions available, starting with a single domain for $5/mo.

Although it looks like their prices have increased a bit since I last
looked.  https support starts with their standard package for $25/mo,
while their VPS package is $35/mo.

Claude