[Tfug] disk usage mystery..

erich erich1 at copper.net
Thu Mar 8 08:41:06 MST 2012

Just a suggestion.
                When i discovered its usefulness. I made sure all of my
machines had xxdiff installed.
Capture the output of du into a file. Change the circumstances. Then
recapture another du
ouput. Now use xxdiff to compare the two files. The trick is to have
handy a tool that will
sift thru a large output and detect  subtle differences.

  Erich