[Tfug] Raspberry Pi

Louis Taber ltaber at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 07:50:54 MST 2012

Hi All,

I received my B version Raspberry Pi a few weeks ago.   Mine had Debian
(without the hardware floating point support which is now available)
install on a 32GByte SD card.  I have yet to attach a monitor or a
keyboard, but it will take a HDMI or composite monitor.    Mine is running
Apache2 with CGI.  I have run a test GPIO program.   The plan is to use it
to control lights and such in my new shop.  At $35 + S&H (about $7 for me)
 it seem to be a great little Linux box.  Does anyone else on the list have
one yet?  , or one on order?    - Louis  .

A quick intro to the Raspberry Pi:

 http://www.raspberrypi.org/

The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV
and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the
things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and
games. It also plays high-definition video. We want to see it being used by
kids all over the world to learn programming.

"Raspberry Pi" Computer Model-BDeveloperRaspberry Pi
Foundation<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi_Foundation>
TypeSingle-board
computer<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-board_computer>Release
date29 February