[Tfug] no cpu scaling lately on a core2 duo

JD Rogers rogersjd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:05:02 MST 2012

Fixed!

> This finally got me to hit up google and I found
> http://woolie.co.uk/technology/dell-laptop-stuck-at-800mhz-ubuntu-fix
> which says it's a simple command line option to pass to get this
> ignored.  I'll give it a spin on my box when I restart it next.

Welp, you win the cookie for that one. Works like a charm here.
Honest, I tried asking google in many different ways first, but not in
the past 10 minutes since I found it was related to the AC adapter.
I'm still totally confused as to why the behavior "appeared" within
the past year, but meh.

I guess the upside of all this is that I now feel like I have a brand
new computer that can play HD video from my new digital camera and it
only cost me an afternoon of pulling hair.

Thanks Tom!