[Tfug] no cpu scaling lately on a core2 duo

Jeremy D Rogers jdrogers at northwestern.edu
Fri Jan 27 15:46:50 MST 2012

> So, there's your culprit.  The BIOS fills out part of the table
> incorrectly, Linux obeys and Windows doesn't.  I haven't looked hard
> enough to see if there's a workaround because for me I can live with
> always max frequency (so I disabled speedstep in the BIOS).

I _guess_ so, but it seems strange to me for several reasons. I have
not changed BIOS settings or upgraded the BIOS since the days when
this was working flawlessly. Also, as I asked in my 3rd post (which
you may not have seen yet), does it make sense that the BIOS setting
would be changing rapidly? Seems to me to point more to acpi or
something, but I'm not sure where to look yet.