[Tfug] Poor NFS write performance with Linux

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Jan 6 16:53:38 MST 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 2:40 AM, John Gruenenfelder
<jetpackjohn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for some tips and suggestions to improve the dismal
> performance I am currently seeing with NFSv4 writes.

Have you pulled up tcpdump/etc and seen if something is going on?
None of your speeds are screaming "I'm near wire/disk speed".

But part of the answer is just going to be "yes, NFS sucks", and
figure out where in your workflows you really need NFS writing all of
the time.

--
Tom