[Tfug] Raspberry Pi PC

der.hans TFUG at LuftHans.com
Wed Jan 11 21:39:47 MST 2012

Am 26. Dec, 2011 schwätzte erich so:

moin moin Erich,

> See,
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16316439
>
> It says "version of Linux", but what distro?

The FAQ lists a few.

###
What Linux distros will be supported at launch?
Debian, Fedora and ArchLinux will be supported from the start. We hope to
see support from other distros later. We will be selling SD cards with the
distros preloaded. (Sept 4 2011 – originally, this FAQ suggested that
Ubuntu would be supported. Because of issues with newer releases of Ubuntu
and the ARM processor we are using, Ubuntu can’t commit to support
Raspberry Pi at the moment.)
###

http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs

Manufacturing has begun and they're expecting the first units by the end
of the month.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/509

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a Model B.

ciao,

der.hans
#  SCaLE10x: January 20-22 2012 http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale10x/
#  ABLEconf: Saturday, March 24th 2012 @ UAT in Tempe http://www.ABLEconf.com/
#  "The purpose of IT is to seamlessly and transparently provide the other
#  9/10's of the iceberg for people who need to work with chunks
#  of floating ice." -- Strata Rose Chalup