[Tfug] (no subject)

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 07:40:57 MST 2012

Dean Jones <dean.jones at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
> 64bit still has "glitches". For example, to get Adobe Flash going you
> end up adding some 32bit libraries. Which is fine until you load
> Google Chrome, at which point it wants the 64bit version of said
> libraries. Ooops. This is solvable: the solution is to install the
> google .deb file at the command line:

I suggest manually installing the adobe 64 bit flash 'beta' from their
site. Far better performance than anything available via packages,
which as you point out always wants to refer to 32 bit parts in there
at some point.

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

I forget who it is but someone packs a 64 bit flash installer in one of the PPA repos. I use that on my htpc. It works well. Do a google search and you should be able to find it. Maybe seven-machines or something like that.
-- john (from a mobile device)