[Tfug] OT: ISO AHA-2940

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 18:14:11 MST 2012

Hi Zack,

On 12/22/2012 5:21 PM, Zack Williams wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Bexley Hall<bexley401 at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>>> I think the 2940 I have is the UW variant which has internal/external
>>> 68 pin wide connectors, and an additional 50 pin internal connector.
>>
>> Yeah, I have some like that as well.
>
> Two other options if you have a few of these cards - you could get a
> 68->50 pin cable (which just terminates the "wide" portion of the SCSI
> connection),

Yeah, I had tried that once before.  But, there's so little room
behind the machines that the "stacked" connectors (68 pin,
68-to-50-passthru-terminator, 50 pin SCSI cable connector) end up either
falling off or getting *bumped* off when the machine is moved for
service, etc.

I could possibly try this trick on the daisy-chain connection
of a wide peripheral...  But I've tried to keep those "other"
peripherals on other SCSI buses.

> or a 50 pin panel mount bracket cabled to the internal 50
> pin connector.

No spare slots.  <frown>

I'm hopeful that the other card I found may work.  If not, I
guess I can go eBay-ing...  Or, grep the junk box at WorldCare.

(sigh)  Figure the wide adapters are "progress" and neglect to
hold onto the older, narrow connectors and you get bit like this!

(thankfully, I held onto a pair of ISA adapters for the one
ISA machine I still cling to!)

Thanks!
--don