[Tfug] OT: ISO AHA-2940

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 12:30:19 MST 2012

Hi Zack,

On 12/22/2012 11:58 AM, Zack Williams wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Bexley Hall<bexley401 at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> Willing to purchase or trade for 2940 *wide* variety.  Or, other
>> HBA's (QLogic, Buslogic, etc.).  Or, something else entirely?
>> (brownies? cookies??  :>  )
>
> Are you looking for both internal/external "narrow" 50 pin SCSI? If
> so, I think I have a dual controller buslogic that will work.

No, all I really need is the external "high density" 50 pin (i.e.,
narrow) connector.  I'm hooking up some scanners that only talk SCSI.
I just mentioned (all) of the connectors because it seems that every
2940 has a different "collection" of connectors.

> I think the 2940 I have is the UW variant which has internal/external
> 68 pin wide connectors, and an additional 50 pin internal connector.

Yeah, I have some like that as well.

> Because of the holidays, it would be next Wednesday before I'd be able
> to let you know exactly what I have free.

I'd need *two* (identical) controllers.  But, I think I may have
located a second of the 50 pin 2940's (hopefully it *works*!  :> )

Enjoy your holiday!  I'm spending mine running the last of the
RG6U and CAT5  <frown>

--don