[Tfug] OT: ISO AHA-2940

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 16:05:03 MST 2012

Hi,

Looking for one (maybe two?) piece of an Adaptec AHA-2940 SCSI HBA.
"2940" means lots of *different* things to different people so, to
be clear, here's an image:

<http://kraftsound.com/oscommerce_st/catalog/images/AHA-2940.jpg>

Note a *50* pin (*not* 68) high density connector exposed to the
outside world while a 50 pin *ribbon* connector is available
internally.  Note the unpopulated IC sites in the upper right
corner, socketed BIOS ROM, below, and "AHA-2940/2940U" silkscreened
in the lower left corner.  The markings on the controller IC as well
as the BIOS EPROM may vary (this example shows "AHA-2940S76" and
the "2800" BIOS (checksum).  I can possibly accommodate some
variation, here (I have one card identical to this and another
that is an earlier "1800" version)

Willing to purchase or trade for 2940 *wide* variety.  Or, other
HBA's (QLogic, Buslogic, etc.).  Or, something else entirely?
(brownies? cookies??  :> )

[I'm trying to configure two identical machines and this is one
of the remaining stumbling blocks]

I'll check my "regular haunts", as well.

Thanks and have a happy/safe holiday!

--don