[Tfug] want to try doing a mobile app

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 09:17:44 MST 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 7:49 AM, Glen Pfeiffer <glen at thepfeiffers.net> wrote:

> So my recommendation is to download the software development kits
> for the phones you are considering, and play around with them,
> maybe make a super simple app, and see which one you like better.

If you did want hardware, there are phone-modem-free devices out there
(tablets like the Nexus 7 or iPad, or smaller devices like the iPod
Touch) that would prevent you from getting contract lock-in.

If you do want a phone, I'd only consider an Apple or Google 1st party
device.  No other devices are likely to get updates in a timely
manner, and both of these can be purchased unlocked for GSM/HSPA+
networks.

- Zack