[Tfug] Discussion

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 18:04:30 MST 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> How many people are doing the tech site of things when it comes to voting?
>
> How would one learn to do what you do?

You would read a LOT of log messages. Go dig through your /var/log for
a few hours with a regex search capable text editor - you'll be
surprised what you find.  In terms of interpreting what you find, it's
frequently a combination of debugging skills, web searches, and trying
to recreate the log messages.

To add another question - How would we go about preventing the need
for someone like Jim to do what he does?   I've seen other
cryptographically validated voting systems, but what's stopping them
from being adopted?

- Zack