[Tfug] Discussion

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:20:10 MST 2012

Thank you Paul.

Let me add one thing: with the advent of electronic voting while retaining
existing law giving outside people or parties the ability to monitor the
counting of the vote, it's really vital to get...well, "geeks" interested
in election observation.

We are absolutely needed, just like lawyers were far more vital than most
other folks during the civil rights movement.  Look, if you walked up to
Dr. King in, say, 1961 and said you wanted to help, he'd say "cool" (or the
like).  Then tell him you had a law degree and you'd see him jump up and
down all excited.

Well that's exactly where we are now, except it's not lawyers that are the
most vital anymore.

It's people who can take apart a system event log and cross-reference it
with an application log.

I don't know how to make it more clear...

Jim