[Tfug] A really, really interesting job opportunity...

Rich Smit rfsmit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 17:30:42 MST 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 15:35, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sounds like you have me confused with a Liberal.  I'm a conservative.
> Less government, less taxes, full rights under the Bill of Rights and a
> full supporter of the 10th Amendment.

Note that it only grants states' rights where Federal government doesn't
hold a position. And in this case it does: ID cards are not required to
vote. States that hold the position that ID cards are required are in fact
violating the 10th Amendment.

> I performed my duties as police officer with integrity and honor and
> followed the Constitution and Bill of Rights.  I believed then, as I still
> do now, in self reliance and minimal state intrusion.

But it's okay for states to stick their noses in where they're not wanted
when it comes to photo ID and voting.

Did you know that Pakistani citizens have the right to vote in British
elections? And despite this, the Queen isn't required to cover and a
conservative government has been in power since the early 80s (Labour
included). See, you're a lot more frightened than you deserve to be thanks
to too much Fox News and too much opinion radio. It must be truly awful to
wake in the middle of the night, palpitating about immigrants mucking up
your election results when in fact, they just don't. Have a beer. Calm
down. It'll be fine. Elections will be fair as long as villains don't mess
with the voting machines by plugging in U3 devices.

R.