[Tfug] A really, really interesting job opportunity...

Rich Smit rfsmit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:29:01 MST 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:18, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You twist my words.  I said no such thing.

Just drawing conclusions. No twisting necessary.

I think it is a travesty for anyone to be denied the right to vote.  I also
> want people to be responsible.  If you cannot be responsible then why
> should you be allowed to vote!

So it's irresponsible to have ID? Again. Not twisting your words.

> If there is a disability then I think that person needs to be aided in
> obtaining an ID and a voter registration.

Why? Why is ID required? If they register to vote, that is sufficient.

> I find it almost amusing that people will argue that one should not be
> required to show a valid ID to vote.  Almost everything in the United
> States requires an ID.

No, it doesn't. I can walk down the street without ID. I can play in the
park. What you're thinking of is "money".

> Can you attend school or college without an ID?

Yes. My son does not require ID to attend school.

> Can you drive without a drivers license?

Driving is not a right. It is a privilege.

> I'll bet and ID is a requirement for food stamps and section 8 housing.

I also don't know eff all about this.

To get a loan you need ID.

Again, not a right.

> You may need an ID to buy cigarettes or alcohol.

Again, not a right, and controlled by age.

Very few things do not require an ID.

That is incorrect. You can breed without ID. You can shower. You can do
work (though employers are now obliged to ask for proof of nationality and
eligibility to work).

I do not buy the argument that not having an ID keeps anyone from voting.
>  People keep themselves from not being able to vote.

Fair enough. That's your opinion. And yet people stay away from the polls
because they do not want to show their ID.

R.