[Tfug] A really, really interesting job opportunity...

Rich Smit rfsmit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:05:27 MST 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 09:49, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, so people who can't get their act together, or have checked out of
> society, are the reason we want to forgo requiring an ID at the polls?

You're saying stay-at-home moms with hardworking husbands who do all the
driving have somehow checked out of society, or they can't get their act
together. Be careful, Keith, with a line like that you might have to run
for the GOP nomination.

Many people just don't have government issued photo ID. That does not make
them "out of society" or unable to conduct themselves properly.

The simple reason we should not require ID at the polls is because it
places a burden of cost on people in order to vote. I seem to remember some
"Tea Party" back in the day when there was a poll tax.

R.