[Tfug] Convergence.io and SSL

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Thu Sep 15 19:26:49 MST 2011

Probably ancient news, but:

Thought you might be interested in this,

readwriteweb.com/hack/2011/08/ssl-certificates-whats-left-to.php

I recently changed webhosts, to justhost.com (comments?)  During the migration
I was refreshing my browser and checking my email alot.  This was all during
the SSL crisis.  :)

I did notice one of my last couple Debian updates included a Google ca-
certificate rm, probably of DigiNotar (this was weeks ago, before they were
completely eliminated as an issuer). DigiNoart was then cited by name, as
"Does not exist," meaning a certificate.

Now, I can't get rid of a  Comcast favicon from appearing on the Chrome tab of
the frontpage of my blog (from my home deskop); so subsequently installed the
latest Firefox (=no favicon).

For fun, I installed the Convergence.io software, and am now using it in place
of ca's (occasionally).

Any comments?

I had switched web hosts and felt a bit hacked in the
process since I was later getting a lot of Facebook friend requests
everyday from individuals with Arabic names and some vicious phishing
attacks (tempting) from .ae.  Lol

I'm guessing it didn't help that I was hitting the browser refresh button
multiple times for the 24-48hrs during the propagation, that's when I picked
up that Comcast favicon -which cannot be found, BTW.  And get this,  Justhost
tech support suggested my desktop Debian installation might be hacked!

No way, correct??

Charles