[Tfug] Linux Mint 12 with whole disk encryption - just got it running...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:17:15 MST 2011

Almost forgot!  You need a working Internet connection of some sort
when running the LiveCD, before you start the script.  This can get
tricky if you have one of the WiFi adapters that needs firmware
downloaded and a reboot, like my Broadcom.  I got online via my
cellphone and a USB tether instead.  The script has to go fetch the
pieces needed to get encryption running after the LiveCD installer
finishes.

Also: use "Disk Utility" (present on the LiveCD) to ID your install
drive, in my case /dev/sda - you don't ID a partition to install to,
just a drive.

Jim