[Tfug] Well, now i've seen it all.

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Mon May 30 20:07:56 MST 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'd like to hear why one is better than another, in more sys level detail so I can understand why you object.

In the "new" way, the pros, in theory, are that since you know what
other services and parts of the system A depends on, you just spell
that out.  From a distribution creator POV (both desktop and various
embedded uses) this is a win since in theory it makes adding new parts
to the system easier (less conflicts to resolve).  In practice this
will take a while.  It's also, in theory, a win for "the industry"
since it lowers the barrier to entry on some parts of the quick boot
world.  It's of course a loss for parts of "the industry"  that sell
the service, but we/they'll survive :)

--
Tom