[Tfug] Collaborative editing environments?

Matt Jacob matt at mattjacob.com
Sun Mar 27 21:49:55 MST 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Zack Williams <zdwzdw at gmail.com> wrote:
> want to be secure on someone else's system that I isn't open for
> introspection.   See also the Drobo in the data integrity arena, where
> nobody outside the company knows how to deal with it's on-disk format.
>  Count me as paranoid about this stuff.

At least with Dropbox, you can overcome any concern by storing a
TrueCrypt volume inside your Dropbox folder and putting everything
inside of /that/. With Drobo, you're kind of stuck. (Although,
proportionate to the number of people who must be using them, I really
haven't heard too, too many horror stories about Drobos.)

Matt