[Tfug] Collaborative editing environments?

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 19:28:04 MST 2011

> Not feasible.  I can't really force anybody to use anything and my
> colleagues (academics in the social sciences) need a GUI environment
> in which they're already comfortable.  If they were willing and able
> to use Pandoc, we'd already be writing everything in LaTeX.

And this, my friends, is why Microsoft is still in business.  Better
solutions passed up because people can't stand not having WYSIWYG,
even thought it slows them down in the long term.

There are learning studies out there that demonstrated how an
interface that required users to learn a few keyboard shortcuts was
slower for the first half hour, then faster thereafter than a GUI
environment with identical keyboard options that people didn't have to
learn.

- Zack