[Tfug] Linux installation fest, Sunday, June 26th

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Tue Jun 21 12:37:04 MST 2011

On 20 Jun 2011, Dennis McCormick wrote:
> Welcome TFUGers and all TCS members!
>
> Please attend the Linux SIG's install fest this coming Sunday, June
> 26, at 3 pm in the Pima County Medical Society building. The location
> is about one block south of Tucson Medical Center at 5199 E. Farness
> Drive between Rosemont and Wyatt.
>
> Bring your computer, laptop or netbook to this session for help with
> installing one of various distributions of Linux such as Debian,
> Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint and others. Older laptops and computers do well
> with specialized distros of Linux such as antiX and Puppy. If you have
> an available power strlp, please bring that too. You are welcome if
> you just want to learn more about installations and Linux.
>
> See you there,
>
> Dennis McCormick    Linux SIG co-leader

Thanks for sending this to the list Dennis! I am very interested,
and will do my best to be there. But I have to work this weekend,
and so it will be tough to make it.

Anyone else planning to go?

Charles, this might be a good time to get help installing Debian
on your existing dual boot without wiping out the Windows
partition.

--
Glen