[Tfug] IBM's 100th

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 15:22:05 MST 2011

IBM did not invent the PC.  I think someone in New Mexico did and it was headless - it only had switches and lights. http://oldcomputers.net/altair.html

 I think the first computer with a monitor might have been the first computer Waz and Jobs built - I think they called it the Apple one ??? or maybe it was just Apple.

IBM was a big guys toy store and took the tiny little micro and gave it legitimacy.  IBM  create the garage clone / corporate computer marketing strategy where the masses would buy garage micro's and IBM would sell top end micro's which was supposed to be the cream.  IBM failed and the rest is history.

Or at least that is how I recall it.

Keith Smith