[Tfug] I got a real funny here...needs to stay in TFUG...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 18:47:22 MST 2011

Somewhat OT, but still computer security related.

OK, so there's this electronic voter registration system out there.
Won't say which until the report goes public.  Ain't used in AZ so
don't freak out on me :).

Somebody I know who monitors elections went through the voter
registration lists and found a small number of cases where the
person's last name was listed as "1".  Yeah.  Just the number one, no
quotes.

It turned out all of those people (most unrelated to each other) had
the same last name.

Care to guess what it was?

If you can't figure it out, here's a clue:

http://xkcd.com/327

:)

Jim