[Tfug] I got a real funny here...needs to stay in TFUG...

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 09:11:40 MST 2011

I've never tried this, just seen a few examples.  I'm assuming you would have to truncate the insert string like this

INSERT INTO table_name

VALUES ('$firstName','$lastName,...)

where $fistName = " ';TRUE";  or something like that.  I'm thinking this would truncate the insert and add a command that would resolve to 1.  I don't think this is the answer though.

The other part that is interesting is he said they all had the same last name, so there must be more to the story like the insert was not written very well and the data engine was allowing non delimited text to be stored as text allowing for something like

INSERT INTO table_name

VALUES (FirstName,True,...)

 where it should have been

INSERT INTO table_name

VALUES ('FirstName','True',...)

I'd really like to know what database was used and what the insert string looked like.

Keith Smith