[Tfug] Down Memory Lane II

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 10:37:22 MST 2011

John,

I am truly sorry to hear of your illness.  Your situation is case in point for my argument that the Church is not doing what it was called to do.  I am a Christian as you might already know.  I believe in the Bible and all it has to offer.  I also must tell you I am a sinner and fall short.

Your case is an example of how the Church is falling short.  We are all called to tithe.  Few do.  I tithe.  I do so because God commands it.  If we all tithed the Church could do great things.

Recently a pastor told me we could stamp out world hunger with a one time investment of 30 billion dollars.  If we all tithed that would easily be possible.

As you might not know 41% of the money collected by the Federal Government goes to Medicaid/Medicare and Social Security retirement.  SSI is constitutionally illegal.  It may bankrupt our country and crash our economy.

This is another short coming of Christian Church.  If we were doing what God called us to do then our Government would not be making a mess of things.

In your case I wish the Church was doing it's job and then you would have little to worry about and you would truly be able to take the career path you desire and become who you were created to become.

Basically I'm for less government and more community.

Keith Smith