[Tfug] NFS stale handle problem

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 13 14:30:10 MST 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 09:30:00AM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
>On 12 Jan 2011, John Gruenenfelder wrote:
>> I never noticed before, but I've recently been using Eclipse a
>> lot writing a large Java program.  It has about 25 source files
>> open plus whatever state files it keeps open.  After some
>> period of time, usually > one hour, I choose to sync with my
>> subversion repository.  That is done over SSH even though it
>> resides on the file server.
>
>I am not sure I understand your setup.
>
>Are you saying that you mount an NFS share on your desktop, and
>in that share you have a working copy from a subversion repo, and
>that the subversion repo lives on the same server as the NFS
>share?

I use the autofs automounter to control /net/*.

My SVN repo is on that remote machine and I access it via the regular svn SSH
method.  My working copy exists in ~/progs which is a symlink to
/net/machine/home/foo/progs.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS (soon for Android) --  http://weaselreader.org