[Tfug] MySQL Database Replication/Mirroring

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 09:52:38 MST 2011

I agree with Paul, although I think what you are wanting is what we
use at work. Basically a production db that the devs can't change
except when we publish to it from a seperate dev database. Our static
game data is done this way. Basically make the main master database
use a different user access role grant, with a 3rd level user/role
grant that handles the replication. Thus devs can only access their
version of the database, but the replication script can handle
updating the master from the devs changes, thus leaving access the
same for the master.

I think this sounds more like what you are looking for.

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell