[Tfug] ad-hoc network and routing protocols

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:00:33 MST 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Christopher Merle <chrislmerle at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I'm sure some of you were surprised at how quickly the Internet in Egypt
> was shut down. Could it happen here? I'll let you answer that for
> yourselves, but should it happen here, here are some resources.
>
> A list of open source ad-hoc network and routing protocols / platforms.
>
> http://openmesh.wordpress.com/2011/01/30/a-list-of-open-source-ad-hoc-network-and-routing-protocolsplatforms/

For anyone interested, there's an interesting analysis of how Egypt was
dropped offline here -

http://bgpmon.net/blog/?p=450

I heard that Google is implementing voice-to-tweet for Egypt.  I guess
that's useful for getting information out - not sure how it helps those
stuck inside.

--
Christopher P Robbins
4909 West Joshua Blvd, #1047