[Tfug] MySQL Database Replication/Mirroring

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 12:04:26 MST 2011

Anyone ever done something like this?  I'd like to replicate a database to
another local copy.  One will be a "master" copy that can't be updated,
while
another version will be read-write for developer access.

Is there a simple way to do this?  Any recommendations?  I've found a lot of
information about replicating databases to another external MySQL server,
but
I'm trying to find a solution to do this on the same database server.

TIA,
--
Christopher P Robbins
Phone: (928) 257-6368