[Tfug] GDM Login Screen Missing Window Manager Options

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Tue Aug 16 10:31:42 MST 2011

Hi,

I have a brand new Debian 6 install on my laptop. The standard
Gnome Desktop installation option was chosen. I have since
installed FVWM. On my other Debian box, installed several years
ago, I have an option on the GDM login screen to choose a
different window manager or desktop environment. This new install
does not have that option. The only extra options I see on the
login screen are Accessibility options and Shutdown options.

I have only done a very quick Google search but did not find an
answer. Before I spend more time on it, I thought I would see if
any of you know how to enable the ability to choose FVWM on the
login screen.

Thanks!

--
Glen