[Tfug] Location for this week's happy hour

Claude Rubinson cjr at grundrisse.org
Wed Apr 20 10:49:55 MST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 08:27:27PM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 18 Apr 2011, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > We had planned to meet at 1702 this week but I just learned
> > that they no longer have a separate meeting room. And it is too
> > loud to meet there without a separate room.
> >
> > Do any of you have any recommendations for a place that:
> > - Is near the university
> > - Has ample available parking
> > - Is quiet enough to carry on conversations
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Nobody has *any* ideas? I don't believe that.

Hi Glen,

Gentle Ben's on University meets most of the requirements--ample
seating, can split checks, etc.  But it can get loud (though it's
better than many places).

The Shanty on 4th and 9th might be a possibility.  I've been there for
hosted parties before.  Again, it might get loud but they have an
outdoor patio that might work.

You might see if there's anything on 6th Street, just South of the
University.

The big problem for TFUG is that Thursday night is the night that
undergrads go out to party.  So University Ave and 4th Ave are both
going to be difficult for TFUG.

Claude