[Tfug] Need help on a server performance issue...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:35:15 MST 2010

I think staying with 10/100 class gear is a good idea in this case.
I'm pretty sure that's the speed limit for the current parts
regardless.

Somebody else mentioned "pennywise/pound foolish".  Umm...no, not
really.  What they have right now is slowish but it does work.  Uptime
on that "ghetto server" has been as good as anything I've ever run.
And that one time when the motherboard blew up, getting it back up in
under 2hrs including drive time back and forth to my place impressed
the hell out of 'em.

Jim