[Tfug] Need help on a server performance issue...

b1nary g0d b1naryg0d.ws at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 07:13:04 MST 2010

hubs send the same data to every port..where as a switch..unmanaged
even..knows what data to send to what port....with a Hub..if machine 0
requests anything..on the fileserver..or internet...its sent to every
port...with a switch..its only sent to machine 0 instead of 0-x(x being how
many machines are plugged into the hub....so with a hub..you get lower
throughput..higher chance of collisions and other  things that could result
in degraded network performance...you can pick up a 14 port switch for
arround 20-30 dollers online...that will increase performance even if its
not the problem...
--B1naryG0d