[Tfug] Mail to cell phones

erich erich1 at copper.net
Tue Oct 5 17:30:33 MST 2010

OK,
          You can think of a cell phone as a little multimedia computer.
It's
the same as a desktop computer in every way except for the midget screen,
the elfin keys (be they touchscreen or buttons), and the connectivity.

          What if you could make a box into a cell phone? You can almost
do it with the Android live CD. Trouble is Android doesn't understand
box connectivity. It doesn't understand a NIC or any of the usual
network stuff. Incidentally, WIFI connectivity is more closely related
to traditional network interface than cell phone connectivity.

          My server is almost a cell phone. It has the best of both worlds.
It has a USB cellular modem with G3 CDMA connectivity on one
side. One the other side is a traditional NIC with TCP/IP. So here's
the reverse question: What if you could make cell phone think it's
a box?

Cheers,

Erich