[Tfug] Sparc 64 computer

b1nary g0d b1naryg0d.ws at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 03:52:56 MST 2010

 "Tatung introduces industry's first 64-bit Ultra-2 compatible workstations;
single and dual-processing models now available." which was back in 1996ish
so most likely you have a U station type thing they made..which WAS
Sun/Sparc 64bit....if they continued this product line it basically means it
could be any parts from Sun...or other manufacturers too if they tried to
combine things....so unless you take it apart n figure out what exactly is
what...or have some kind of lspci output from when it was running debian you
really have no clue what will support it because its not a Sun branded Sparc
product...technically if they are also Tatung remarketed they could also be
the same hardware thats in Sun boxes with different PCI
Identifiers...meaning if you add the new PCI codes for the right modules it
would work...this is all based off of assumptions and guesses...so untill
you can give us a more complete model number or list of hardware..its kinda
hard...I myself have some old SparcStations 10, 15s and 20s laying
about(without CPUs and RAM...so im lookin to get rid of em)
heres an idea of what Tatung used on their older boxes (
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Tatung+introduces+industry's+first+64-bit+Ultra-2+compatible...-a018921485
)
--B1naryG0d