[Tfug] Synchronizing directories.

Matt Jacob matt at mattjacob.com
Sun May 9 08:57:34 MST 2010

On 5/9/10 8:19 AM, Eric Gearhart wrote:
> Matt do you use Unison to sync out to your Amazon S3 backup thingy?
> Cause that'd be awesome

I don't do that personally, but I don't see why it couldn't be done. You
could mount an s3fs filesystem in FUSE and use it just like an unlimited
network drive accessible from anywhere. The problem is that most
internet connections aren't fast enough to not make that really annoying.

I use Jungle Disk [1] for my backups to Amazon S3. It's cross-platform,
and it basically just acts as a frontend to your huge bucket-o-storage.

Matt

[1] http://www.jungledisk.com