[Tfug] ThinkPad T61 Debian KDE Wireless

John Karns johnkarns at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 13:59:31 MST 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Nathan England <nathan at paysonlinux.org> wrote:
> That is strange. Definitely shows everyone's tastes in computing. I have
> never cared for Gnome in anyway at all. I have always been a KDE user. When
> KDE 4 came out I waited mostly till 4.1.0 was out and I have not looked
> back. I like everything about the new KDE system. Including Kdevelop, though
> it is still lacking some features, I use it for c,c++, and php and it works
> great.

I've always preferred KDE to Gnome too.  Although IMO early versions
felt a bit crude / clunky, Gnome never seemed a better chioce for me.
But just when it got to a very mature level, and gave lots of options
and facility to customize it, they "dumbed it down" with a big trade
off in robustness.

I would compare it to New Coke vs. the traditional recipe.

Guess that I'll have to take a closer look at some of the alternatives
out there like XFCE, et al.

--
John