[Tfug] README PLEASE, EARL! Re: 5.25 drives

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 19:41:12 MST 2010

Hi John,

> > I noticed a stack of three or four 5.25" HD drives on
> > the metal rack in the hallway outside the audio video
> > room at WorldCare.  Earl can get them for
> > anyone with nostalgia or specialized needs.....
>
> Oops - I read that as 5.25 *floppy* drives.  Don't
> need HD's at this point.

I think some confusion there...  :<  I think Paul meant
High Density (not Hard Disk).  I.e., I know there is a box of
5" floppy drives in the general area that he was referencing.
However, I think they were being held (kept) for someone
who wanted them for *mechanical* reasons (we get all sorts of
oddball requests for things at WC  :-/  Most of the time,
the person requesting never returns!  :< ).

Anyway, yes, there are some 5" floppy drives.  (unless they
have been recycled recently)  Their condition is unknown.
You are welcome to them (since the original "requester" hasn't
shown up for them in quite some time).  But, they are "in
back" so you won't find them in the store, etc.

Best bet is to talk with Earl to see what his schedule there
will be.  Or, perhaps he can arrange to move them someplace
"more public" when he gets a chance.  Else I will try to
remember to do so when next I visit (not for a week, though).

Or, perhaps if Paul drops in this weekend he can move some
of them?

--don