[Tfug] Help to read data from 5.25 HD diskette?

John Karns johnkarns at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 08:08:05 MST 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Angus Scott-Fleming
<angussf at geoapps.com> wrote:
> On 13 Mar 2010 at 16:11, John Karns  wrote:
>
>> I have about 5 diskettes that I'd like to read and transfer contents
>> to different media.  Unfortunately I tossed out what legacy gear I had
>> a few months ago.  Is there anyone here who would be amenable to help
>> me?
>
> I have both a 386 DOS machine and a 486 DOS machine which might still boot. I
> think both have 5.25" floppies.

Thanks!  I had intended to make contact a couple of days ago, but had
a car maintenance issue arise, so am tied up with that for a couple of
days.  What are the alternative media options on the machine?  I
assume that it will probably be 3.5 floppy diskettes, so I picked up a
few at WC the other day.  Any other options?

--
John