[Tfug] Help to read data from 5.25 HD diskette?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 12:57:02 MST 2010

Hi John,

> >> Thanks, Don.  I just picked up some 3.5 diskettes at
> >> WC for saving the data.
> >
> > <frown>  I'm confused.  I thought you said *5.25* floppies?
> > Typo?
>
> I need to read the data from 5.25 and put it on a different
> media; one readable on my current system.  Most convenient would
> probably be a flash drive, but I'm assuming that a legacy machine will
> not have USB ports, but could well have a 3.5 drive.

D'oh!  :<  Yes, the sort of "little detail" I'd have forgot
about -- until I found myself with an image and no place to
*put* it!!  :-/  (like going to the store to buy a piece of
pipe and forgetting to measure the O.D. before departing  :-/ )

I'll drag out my machine this weekend as I really need to sort out
*my* floppy issues.  Let me know if you have no joy with Angus.

--don

(yes, the machine can write 3" drives, too  :> )