[Tfug] Another CC* weighs in....

bpoag at comcast.net bpoag at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 13:33:41 MST 2010

Actually.... No. Most of America's founding fathers were Deists. Not Christians. They believed in the notion of God, but not Christianity. Infact, many of them weren't even ambivalent about Christianity. They flat out didn't like Christianity, as you can see:

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html

So, please, PLEASE read up on history, and stop perpetuating the "Dehhh, This country was founded on Christian values by Christian people!" lie, because that's precisely what it is. I'm a Christian. I of course wish such a statement were true, but it isn't, and no amount of wishing, interpretation, or re-thinking will make it so, and you have a responsibility as a fellow Christian to quit spreading BS.

Cheers,
Bowie