[Tfug] Another CC* weighs in....

Jeff Coy jcoy42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 01:11:19 MST 2010

Perhaps I should refer you to this page:

   http://www.tfug.org/aup.html

The aup specifically prohibits "Foul language"  If you look here:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foul_language

you'll see that "hell" is listed.

the list aup also specifically prohibits "Referencing someone based on sex,
race, religion, etc in a negative tone."  I would take calling religious
folks as "nut jobs" as exactly that.

Now, again, is it really such a big deal to try to keep the subject line
clean, considering the AUP?

Please also note- I don't mind swearing at all.  Nor am I religious.  I
could add piles of quotes to your 2 (which I've seen before).  But I still
think it's perfectly reasonable to respect such a simple request.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Robert Hunter <hunter at tfug.org> wrote:

> I'm with Malclom.  The nut jobs will need to suck it up, or at least
> take time to learn how to use email filters.
>
> A couple of quotes for you to chew on...
>
> It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate
> its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and
> will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to
> seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or
> driving underground all heretics.
> --Robert A. Heinlein
>
> Treat your religion like you would your genitalia.  It's not polite
> to wave it around in public, or shove it down the throats of people.
> --Unknown Author
>
> --
> RH
>
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Malcolm Schmerl <mjs355 at comcast.net>
> wrote:
> > First of all, note that the word 'hell' was never capitalized and never
> used
> > in a religious context.

Morphic Resonance: the basis of memory in nature....the idea of mysterious
telepathy-type interconnections between organisms and of collective memories
within species.