[Tfug] Another CC* weighs in....

Jeff Coy jcoy42 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 21:24:49 MST 2010

This keeps getting harder to respond to.

The guys asking to keep the subject line clean aren't the bad guys here.
These folks are not trying to force anything on you.  They just asked if you
could be so kind as to keep the subject line clean.  That's it.

Nobody said the oil spill wasn't a bigger problem.  No one said they were
going to fix everything by cleaning up the subject lines.  No one said that
kids don't have a level of curiosity that may well negate their efforts.  No
one said squat about anything other than to ask "could you please try to
keep the obvious bits clean".  And that's not an unreasonable request.

So why don't we go ahead and try to do that.  It's not a religious war, and
it shouldn't become one.  I don't give a crap if they could be taking
alternate precautions that may well avoid the same problem.  I think they
should but that's a different topic.  I don't care if you feel there was
nothing wrong with the original subject line (I for one don't).  But there's
no reason to take this as anything beyond a humble request that is perfectly
reasonable.

They didn't ask for a sanction, they didn't ask for punishment, they didn't
ask for conversion of anyone, they just asked "would you please try to keep
the subject line clean".  And that seems perfectly fair to me.  Not "you
must", not "you should", but simply "would you please".

Does anything else really need to be said?  Is a simple request to please
keep the subject line clean really such a problem?  I don't think it is or
should be.

Now could everyone on both sides just drop it?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 8:25 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think you missed the boat.  Hell to us Christians is a real place where
> those who do not have a relationship with Jesus Christ go for eternity.
>
> It is a place absent God.  To us it is real.
>
> I'm glad the Christians are coming out of the closet and speaking up.
>
> As for the 1st Amedment it was to protect the people.  This Country was
> fashioned with Christian values and prospered because of those Christian
> values.  As you see our Country decline rapidly you can be assured it is
> because we have turned from God so he has turned from us.
>
> And yes you are right.  While the polls say upwards of 80% of America
> claims to be Christian, that is not true.  It is more like 3 to 5 percent.
>
> I believe you believe that "Christian Conservatism is, in my view,
> extremism", most people do in my opinion.
>
> Where is that line of right and wrong?  My non-believing adopted father
> took me to an adult book store when I was 14.  Was that OK?
>
> Where is that line?  Is it okay to cheat on your taxes?  What about your
> wife? Maybe stealing something of low value is okay, but breaking into your
> house is not.
>
> Where is that line?  What if I like oil in my water?  What if I think it is
> Ok that there is lots of oil in the gulf on Mexico?  Is it Okay then?
>
> When man does what is right in the eyes of man then things become like they
> are today - chaotic.  We have 600 clowns in Washington that are fleecing
> America.  Is that OK?
>
> I ask what do you believe in?  Is it a value system that I can look at and
> ponder or is it just made up?  Do you make it up as you go?  Situational
> ethics?
>
> Some asked politely that the subject line be PG-13 from 1960.  Someone else
> made a comment about how easily people throw around the word hell. And I
> don't think it matters whether you capitalize it or not.
>
> Curious?  Anyone curious about Hell or hell can contact me off list and
> I'll share with you  what the Bible says.  There is a difference between the
> Hell of the Bible and a curse word.  This was the point - there is a
> difference between a place known as Hell and a word that is thrown around
> and used as a curse word.
>
> In the mean time lets understand that there are kids and others on this
> list that would like you to not use curse words in your subject line. Also
> some are at work and would appreciate you give them a heads up if your email
> contains anything not appropriate for work.

> Keith Smith

Morphic Resonance: the basis of memory in nature....the idea of mysterious
telepathy-type interconnections between organisms and of collective memories
within species.