[Tfug] Reminder to respect one another

Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com
Tue Jun 15 08:23:20 MST 2010

Does the acceptable use policy need to be updated to specify which words
shouldn't be used?

or used in which context?  :-)  Just how much needs to be
monitored/regulated/legislated ...?

I think we do just need to work on being kind with each other at the same
time understanding that we all have different opinions about what offends
us.  There will always be that hyper-sensitive minority, and I don't
believe that we should legislate ourselves to their discriminating tastes.
 If they choose to self-marginalize, so be it.  Being a member of the
human race will always give us a few bumps and bruises, and if we can come
out of it just a little more compassionate instead of so bitter, all the
better.

We can't and shouldn't try to exert such control over each other because
something offends us either.  I get really offended by ignorance if
someone refuses to open their mind up, but there's not too much I can do
about that except an attempt at polite and respectful dialog and then
retreat to my own corner to catch a breath.

anyway...  gotta do some work around here some time.

Respectfully,
Liz, Programmer/Analyst
BE Aerospace, Tucson

Glen Pfeiffer <glen at thepfeiffers.net>
Sent by: <tfug-bounces at tfug.org>
06/14/2010 01:45 PM
Please respond to
Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

TFUG <tfug at tfug.org>
cc

Subject
[Tfug] Reminder to respect one another

Hi All,

I am worried that the recent 'profanity' discussion may degrade
to the point where we are insulting people for their personal
opinions. Please do not forget the Acceptable Use Policy
(http://tfug.org/aup.html).

Let's focus on building a community of people that respect one
another even though we may wildly disagree on certain topics.

--
Glen

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

This email (and all attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain privileged and/or proprietary information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply